*Picture by Duccio Malagamba

Location: Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Architect: Jacques Herzog & Pierre de Meuron
Construction: October 21, 2002- April 30, 2005
Purpose: Football (soccer) Stadium. Home to Bayern Munich F.C.
Inaugural game May 30, 2005


Thursday, February 5, 2015

Personal Experience

The Allianz Arena is truly a monumental stadium. Upon arriving in Munich, one of the first things that I saw, was the arena. It was not lit up, but the modern design made it truly stand out.
When I visited the arena a few days later, the architectural masterpiece astonished me further. I had visited many stadiums before, but none like this one. The EFTE-foil air panels was something that I had never seen in a building. When I arrived, the panels were white. After a while the stadium slowly lit up and glowed in bright red, the color of the home team's jersey. After seeing this, I felt the emotion and excitement in all spectators rise. Tens of thousands of Bayern Munich fans flooded the entrances, and made their way to their seats. Once inside, I realized of the immense size of the stadium, which seats approximately 75,000 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment